Log In Problems with IE8
Alan Wheable January 22, 2010
If you encountered a problem when logging into your String accounts using Internet Explorer 8. This can be caused by corrupted session cookies. These will need to be cleared.
How the Problem shows Itself
The problem can show itself in a number of ways:
When you try to log in you receive the message "The credentials you provided cannot be determined to be authentic"
When you login it appears to work correctly then it returns you to the log in page.
How to get round the problem
There are a number of things that need to be done to work around the error in IE8 that causes String login problems.
1. Using IE8 under the “Tools”, “Delete Browsing History” menu, select the “Cookies” check box then select the Delete button:
2. Go to the String login page (https://svr1.stringtogether.com), but do not log in at this stage.
3. Using IE8 ensure that you have selected the String tab then under the “Tools”, “Developer Tools” menu select the “Cache” menu. Select the “Clear Cookies for Domain” option then select the “Clear Session Cookies” option.
Note that the “Developer Tools” menu is a floating panel that may or may not be attached to the IE8 window:
4. Close the String browser tab (https://svr1.stringtogether.com).
5. Open the String login page again and login in the usual way.